Make a Donation that Counts!
Click here to visit the 2013 Nautica South Beach Triathlon fundraising page.
The Nautica South Beach Triathlon is excited to be partnering with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! Your fundraising efforts as a Corporate Challenge Athlete will help St. Jude achieve its mission of finding cures and saving children around the world. By helping raise funds for St. Jude your courage, strength and spirit will help those who need it the most: the young patients at St. Jude.
$150 Donor Brunch on the beach, team racking in the transition area, and swim clinics series. The fundraising deadline to achieve these benefits is Friday, March 15th. No exceptions will be made.
Brunch provided by Egg Whites Catering
- $150: Brunch Ticket & Team Racking
- $250: Nautica Towel and a St. Jude Filtered Water Bottle
- $500: Nautica Jacket for Men and Watch for Women
- $1,000: Yurbud Earphones
- $2,500: Two Night Stay at Marriott South Beach & One Additional Brunch Ticket
- $3,500: $350.00 Airfare Voucher
Top fundraising prizes will be available soon.
Nautica Kid's Run and Tot-Trot
Do you have a future triathlete on your hands? Your kids can get in on the action of the Nautica South Beach Triathlon too! Nautica invites all kids 12 years of age and under to participate in their own race - The Tot Trot is to be held on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 10am at the event’s main stage. The Beach Dash will be 50 yards for children 7 and under and 100 yards for children ages 8-12. All proceeds directly benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. There are limited spots so register TODAY!
Participating children will receive a Tot Trot and Kids Run bag, a commemorative race medal and a race t-shirt. So bring your kids and cheer them on as they run for the finish line with a celebrity guest leading the way!
Nautica South Beach Triathlon Swim & Transition Clinics
Hosted by Terrier Tri
Don't miss this opportunity to get some final practice in the same waters you will be racing. There will be lifeguard support and buoys to create an actual race course. This is a great opportunity to pick up valuable open water swimming experience with coaches and other athletes to help make your race a better experience! We will work on all the basics — what to expect, open water swimming techniques, swim starts & exits, drafting & pacing, breathing & sighting techniques, strategy for rough & calm waters, mental preparation & conditioning, and safety. All proceeds going directly to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! Register Today!
When: Saturday, April 6th
Swim Clinic 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. / Transition Clinic 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Where: Miami Beach Lifeguard Headquarters (Ocean Drive & 10th St)
Who: All Nautica South Beach Triathlon participants welcome, but spots are limited
Price: $20 - for either the swim or transition clinic
$30 - for both
$12 USAT one-day membership fee for non-annual members (payable onsite)
St. Jude's Mission
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of St. Jude's founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
St. Jude's vision is to be the world leader in advancing the treatment and prevention of catastrophic diseases in children. This vision will be pursued by providing outstanding patient care; by conducting basic, translational and clinical research designed to elucidate biological mechanisms, understand disease pathogenesis, improve diagnosis, enhance treatment outcome, prevent diseases and minimize adverse consequences of treatment; and by educating health care and scientific research professionals. Through these efforts St. Jude seeks to cure and enhance the quality of life for an increasing proportion of children who come to them for treatment, and by expanding and sharing knowledge, to advance treatment of children with catastrophic diseases worldwide, while developing strategies to prevent catastrophic diseases in children.
St. Jude's foremost responsibilities are to the children with catastrophic diseases, their families, and to the donors that have committed their personal resources toward St. Jude's Mission. To fully meet these responsibilities, St. Jude is committed to an explicit set of values. These values are the standards of behavior that St. Jude uses to guide their daily actions and decisions. They will ensure that these standards of behavior are adhered to through ongoing training of all personnel working at St. Jude, and by annually evaluating the executive leadership, faculty and staff in their adherence to these values.
St. Jude's values of ethical behavior are an important part of who they are, and their incorporation into the fabric of the institution directly impacts St. Jude's ability to make progress toward achieving their Mission, while simultaneously strengthening their reputation.
- A commitment to provide their patients with the highest quality of medical and supportive care, and their families with the level of information and support necessary for them to make informed decisions and to become active participants in the care of their children.
- A commitment to respect the ethnic, cultural, religious and lifestyle differences of patients, their families, their colleagues and supporters.
- A commitment to their donors that every dollar donated will be wisely spent toward achieving St. Jude's Mission of advancing cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic disease through research and treatment.
- A commitment to a culture of excellence, innovation and creativity, not only in their research, but in everything they do.
- A drive and a sense of urgency to succeed.
- Honesty, integrity, and accountability in their actions and decisions.
- A culture of trust and teamwork.
- Respect for the employees under their supervision.
- A commitment to the continual development of their employees.
- A commitment to diversity.
- A commitment to social responsibility and institutional citizenship on a local, state, national and global level.
To effectively live up to these ideals, institutional leaders and all employees of St. Jude must maintain a culture that promotes adherence to these values in all that they do.